Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
- ADDED JULY 27, 2021 - The Summer 2021 Board Bulletin is now available.
- ADDED JULY 15, 2021 - The materials for the July 23, 2021 meeting of the Board are now available.
- NOTICED JULY 9, 2021 - The Official Notice and Agenda for the July 23, 2021 meeting of the Board is now available.
- UPDATED JULY 8, 2021 - FRAUD SCAM ALERT - The Board and the Department of Consumer Affairs have been made aware of a fraud scam targeting licensees. Read the Department's Fraud Scam Alert for more information about the scam and tips on how to avoid and report fraud scams.
- ANNOUNCED JUNE 16, 2021 - The Board is excited to introduce the third phase of its new application and licensing portal designed to promote effective connection between the Board and its applicants and license holders. Initial functionality allows for overall application management by applicants for Professional Engineer licenses in the disciplines of agricultural, chemical, control system, electrical, fire protection, industrial, mechanical, metallurgical, nuclear, and petroleum engineering, encompassing the initial user profile creation and application submittal with direct connection with Board staff, through to the issuance of the PE license. The Board looks forward to extending this functionality to include applications for the remaining license types in the near future. Please click on the following URL for more information, https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/appintrope.shtml
- UPDATED MAY 21, 2021 - Effective May 17, 2021, the Office of Administrative Law approved the Board's proposed action to amend Title 16, California Code of Regulations sections 416, 418, 3060, and 3061 relating to the substantial relationship criteria and the criteria for rehabilitation. More information is available on the Rulemaking Notices page.
- ANNOUNCED JANUARY 6, 2021 - Expedited Licensure for Refugees, Asylees, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas.
Starting January 1, 2021, individuals in the following categories who apply for licensure by the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists may seek an expedited licensure process.
- Refugees pursuant to section 1157 of title 8 of the United States Code;
- Those granted asylum by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General of the United States pursuant to section 1158 of title 8 of the United States Code; or,
- Individuals with a special immigrant visa that have been granted a status pursuant to section 1244 of Public Law 110-181, Public Law 109-163, or section 602(b) of title VI of division F of Public Law 111-8.
In order to receive the expedited licensure process, individuals must provide documentation of their refugee, asylee, or special immigrant visa status when submitting their application package. Please note that this does not mean a license or certification must be issued, but simply that the process will be expedited. Click here for information and documentation examples.